Sheep Got Out

Hard to believe, with our brand new fences, but today, the sheep got out.   They wound up at a neighbors house with their donkeys and cows.   They’re safe at home again.

You can get the story  in words and  photos on Jon’s website.  Above is the story I stitched in pictures and words.

18 Responses to “Sheep Got Out”

1. Mary Hatheway says:

I love your stitch story Maria!! GREAT JOB!! I have been there my goats get out and the herd boss his name is Screech starts yelling for help. Do you think you will make a pillow or something out of this piece of art? I would be interested.
    Thanks~Mary

2. Maria, This is wonderful….I especially like the sheep at the bottom with it’s head up…..you captured so much. 🙂 Makes me smile.

3. Catherine Veleker says:

Love your commemorative quilt; you have captured all the excitement of the day. somewhere on there the date or the year would be a good thing…you have created a little piece of durable memorabilia.

4. Cindy Chambers says:

Will this gorgeous piece go to the neighbors who opened their door to them?

5. Ronni Blanken says:

This is wonderful…reading Jon’s story and taking a slow long look at this piece , well it totally tells the story ! Maybe you should frame that and hang it in the new house ! Would have to make you giggle each time you look at it.

6. Michelle says:

I read the details of the event on Jon’s site – BUT I LIKE YOUR TELLING OF IT BETTER!!!! busy busy ysub… How do you do backwards?? You got all the details on that small piece of cloth – AMAZING! Love it! Good job!

7. C.S. Miller says:

That’s really cute!

8. Karen Young says:

Maria, loved your “story in stiches” made me smile.
    Have a happy day!

9. Lois Wetzel says:

Maria, you have a unique voice and a capacity to create stories through your word/pictures, especially in your streaming pieces. Each piece has a story that contains other stories within it, ‘stories within stories’ like Russian nesting dolls and is able to touch the stories of others because the elements you use become metaphor. At least thats how I experience your art. This piece is priceless! You are a wonderful word/picture storyteller!

10. Joanne says:

OMG I LOVE your sheep in this – well, I actually love the whole piece!

11. Maria says:

Thanks for all the nice words about Sheep Got Out. It just gushed from me and I wasn’t sure about it. But it looks like it gets the story across. I’ll be doing something with it and I’ll let you know about it.

12. Luanne Hutchison says:

Love it, it’s fabulous!!! what will this be? A wall hanging? A pillow? A quilt? If you don’t keep it for yourself, I would love to buy this from you, it’s so funny!!!! LOVEloveLOVE

13. Mary Brown says:

Great piece, Maria! Based on the pic Jon posted of the girls today, they must be resting up from their little outing!

14. Maria says:

I think they are resting Mary, Tess was not quite herself today

15. Barbe Thomas says:

Oh, Maria, this is a hoot! I’m laughing out loud, but yet, the other posters nailed it, you told the story so beautifully all on this small piece of cloth. Your talent is amazing!!

16. Jayne Smith says:

I liked Red, always in the center of the action. Great job Maria.

17. Ida says:

Sheep who outsmart the fences … the same goes with cows when somebody forgets to turn on the power. It feels like they can sniff it when it is free passage for an escape attempt. I love the stitching.
    Ida

18. Maria says:

I’ve heard that’s just what they do Ida, they smell the electricity.