I finally got in the Temple Body groove. After finishing up my pillow this morning I got busy on my quilt. A lot of Kimberly’s clothes that I used in the quilt are knit fabrics. That means they are stretchy, like a t-shirt, and it’s hard to sew without them getting out of shape and pulling the fabrics around them out of shape. So I iron interfacing onto them to stabilize them or keep them from stretching. For those of you who don’t know, interfacing is this white kind of papery fabric. Sometimes you’ll see it used in a shirt collar and cuffs or along the seam where your shirt buttons. It’s what makes the collar stand up . I’m not going for stiff in my quilts (I use a lightweight interfacing) just something to make stretchy fabrics, not stretch.
I had about a half yard of interfacing left so I used it in a way that allowed me to sew as many pieces of the quilt together as possible. I sew the quilt in sections then sew the sections together.
I got the middle section done. Then worked on the strip below it.
You can see where this section slides into the bottom of the quilt. At this point I had one small piece of interfacing left, but it was too small to use. There’s a few pieces of fabric that I can sew together that don’t need interfacing, and that’s where I’ll pick it up tomorrow. I should get the interfacing I ordered early next week. I can’t wait to see the quilt all together and hanging up.