The little computerized window on my sewing machine read “Safety On” and the machine stopped working. I could see the orange thread caught in the bobbin. So I went in. I unplugged the machine and took off the bobbin plate and the inside was filled with globs of dust! My old machine, which I cleaned once in 20 years, didn’t have that much dust. I removed the pieces that came out and used the little white brush that came with the machine to clean it.
Of course when I put it all back together it didn’t work. I messed around with it for a while, obviously did something right, and up and down the needle plunked. I adjusted the tension, which for some reason was different now, and still the needle plunked. I remember this from my old machine too, it’s time for a new needle. I had time to finish this Studio Scene potholder before going to Glens Falls for Yoga and sewing needles. I wasn’t sure I was going to sew this one after making the sketch, but today I got the urge. I think because it looked like fun, lots of new stuff to figure out. And it was fun and I love the way it looks, even if some of the forms are a bit ambiguous.
While I was struggling with my machine, Freida sat by the stove and when Jon came into the studio, she struck a pose and flirted with him.