I meant to sew some potholders today, but I got this idea for my quilt so started working on it instead. There was a hole in the quilt, two squares worn all the way through, so I cut them out and they made a doorway. Not sure what’s going to be in that doorway yet, but it gave me a place to begin and I built a room around it.
Here’s a close up. I’m really drawn to how the patches of fabric and patterns show up against the stitching. I’ll probably use some colored markers to make that stand out more, but want to leave a lot of it the way it is.
I stitched down my Snake Goddess and started to add designs to her. They come from my Language of the Goddess book.
The last thing I did tonight was add a butterfly to the missing square of the flagmen. The butterfly is from a wallhanging that Veronica sent me. Her grandmother had made it and it has all these wonderful patches on it. Like that little oriental rug under the butterfly. Those flagmen have the feeling of flight. And the butterfly seems to make it all make sense to me.
Here’s what it looked like when I left my studio tonight.