I wanted to make some potholders today, but I was having a hard time getting started. I finally came up with an idea but when I got four potholders done, I just didn’t like them.
I couldn’t figure out quite why or what was wrong. So instead of keeping up the struggle, I decided it they didn’t work as potholders maybe they’d work as a quilt. So I sewed them together and began creating a quilt around them.
You can see the potholders between the black strip of fabric and the pink and green piece.
I added some more strips of fabric. And turned it around…
Then turned it back around again.
This is what it looked like when I left my studio tonight. I’ll have to sew the corner pieces on before I can sew the whole top together then onto the rest of the quilt. My plan is to make the corners darker in color, closer to the first strips I sewed in the center. They may be vertical strips or a completely different design. I won’t know until I do it.