In the morning I took my first steps in making Carole’s quilt. After doing some shipping and paperwork, I didn’t have much time before my weekly lunch with Mandy and Athena.
But it was enough time to empty the box of fabric that Carole sent me to use to make a quilt. Since the fabric is so unfamiliar to me, I needed to take some time to get to know it. So I took it out of the box and unfolded it piece by piece.
I played around it with, seeing how the pieces might or might now work together, getting a feel for it all.
When I came back from lunch it was, of course, as I left it but to me felt a little different. As if it were acclimating to the space. As if we’re all getting used to each other.
After lunch, I finished sewing the potholders, with the batik images, that I designed at the beginning of the week. I got most of them done, but it was too dark to take photos. So I’ll so that on Sunday and put them up for sale in my Etsy Shop then.
2 thoughts on “Carole’s Quilt”
I love the colors and floral patterns in this Maria. Whatever you decide to use, I know it will be gorgeous!