My quilt was coming together easily. Once I switched the top and bottom panels, it flowed. The dark blues in the bottom corners grounded the bottom. I made the patchwork pieces on the top corners from the scraps of the quilt to that point.
It was when I sewed on the final blue border piece on the left that I had some trouble. After it was on, the quilt was so puckered it wouldn’t lay flat.
So I took it off and repositioned it. It took one more try to get it right. By then, I was hungry for dinner. I didn’t want to rush sewing on the top and bottom pieces. I wanted to make sure there was no more puckering and that I got the colors right.
I’ll sew those last two pieces on tomorrow, then start working on the backing.