My plan was to start some potholders today. But it wasn’t working.
So when I got back to work after lunch, I shoved all the rejected fabric I had pulled out of my shelves to the side and began working on my Mother Mary’s hands and her bouquet of brushes.
This is where I landed today. With a few adjustments, I think they’ll work.
I’ll stitch the brushes separately then sew her hands over them, onto the backing, using another piece of linen the same color as her face. The brushes will be fun to stitch, I imagine them covered in dried paint which will give me the opportunity to make them colorful.
Since she’s not sewn down yet, Mary got a little messed up when I moved her to work on my quilt which is why it looks like she’s caught in the wind.