This evening, while the wind shook my studio and ice pelted the darkened windows, I started sewing my birds. I still wasn’t sure what I’d be doing with them when I began. But I wasn’t worried about it. Each piece of fabric that I chose for each of the birds worked so well, I knew I’d figure it out.
By the time I left my studio, I was able to imagine them as the beginning of potholders. And once I opened my email and saw all the requests for the birds as potholders, well, that made the decision even easier.
Now I’m looking forward to working on them tomorrow. Even though I have no idea how I’ll finish them off. But that’s the fun part.