I was determined to at least get the backing for my quilt sewn together today. Tomorrow we’re going to Bishop Maginn and I know I won’t have a lot of time, if any, to work on it.
I found the perfect piece of fabric for the back in a box of fabric that Sharon sent me. It was about ten inches shy of being just the right size. So I found another strip of fabric in my stash that spoke to both the front and back of the quilt and sewed it on the bottom.
Then I threw the whole piece in the wash and hung it on the line to dry. It was a great day for drying, sunny, cool, and windy.
While it dried, I let the sheep and donkeys out to graze, fed the cats and dogs, and went for a walk with Fate and Zinnia.
When we got back the backing was dry and I was able to sew it and the batting together with the front of the quilt before dinner.
I hope to have the quilt done by Wednesday.