When I was cleaning up my studio the other day, I put the scraps from the sheep fabric that I made all those postholders from in a baggie with pieces of one of Jon’s old Chamois shirts. I also tossed in a couple of pieces of fabric that were left over from “Home” the last quilt I made.
(“Home” is sold, I’m waiting for special wool batting that I ordered to finish it)
Today I took them all out and started sewing them together. As often happens, I’m not sure where this is going. I mostly just felt like working with these colors. I made up a rule for myself when sewing them together that the sheep scraps have to butt up to the chamois pieces.
But as usually happens when I started sewing I broke my rules.
I didn’t get a picture of the sewing I did today. By the time we got back from Urgent Care and I fed the animals it was too dark to take a picture.
Tonight I’ll pack up the Donkey Potholders I sold over the past week and I’ll put them in the mail tomorrow. I told everyone who bought one that I’d get them in the mail today, forgetting it was a holiday.
I’m looking forward to getting to my studio early tomorrow morning and continue sewing those scraps together.