Taking care of the animals today took up more of my day than I expected. But in between I did get into my studio and start a new batch of potholders.
I still had flowers on my mind when I was looking through my stash. So when I saw the cone flower fabric that came in a big box of material from Nancy, I pulled it off the shelf.
I was drawn to the size and feeling of openness that I saw in the image on the fabric. I liked the idea of cropping the flower and using bold colors to give it space to breathe. I wanted to reflect the simplicity of the image in the finished potholder.
I was able to design five Coneflower Potholders today. I’ll work on more next week. They feel like summer to me.