I’ve been thinking about making Turtle and Raven Potholders for weeks. Today I plunged in and did the first step which is painting them.
By now I feel like I have the basics of the Raven down. Just a few days ago I was still drawing the general outline of the raven before painting it. Today I let the paint guide me, working from the inside of the form out, instead of the other way around.
Each one is a unique painting, an individual bird.
It is the same with the turtles, although they have a simpler form. I’m looking forward to stitching the dealing lines, which will complete them.
But they need a day to dry before I can do that.
So when I finished them I moved on to working on the Raven for my fabric painting. There was a rhythm to my work today which flowed.
I hope to stitch these tomorrow and finish them up early next week.