I’ve never had this happen before. I finished designing the second quilt for Linda today, but when I was done I saw that it went in a different direction than I had intended.
I had the colors in mind that I would be using, I had a photo of a needlepoint with those colors in it from Linda. But in the end, the quilt became what it wanted to.
I see now that there was no way around it really. The more I pushed it in on direction, the more it pushed back.
What a struggle this quilt has been. I woke up at 5:30 this morning and couldn’t stop thinking about it. So I got out of bed and went to my studio. I think being there that early was helpful. It allowed me to focus in a way I hadn’t been able to for some reason.
When I finished the quilt and hung it on my studio wall to get a good look, I felt good about it. It’s a simple design that allows the inconsistencies to shine.
I wasn’t sure if it would would work for Linda’s purposes, but she let me know that she loves the quilt and it will be just right for her daughter who she is giving it to.
The only thing I may do is add a thin border around it. I’m out of the brown calico, but I think a brown would be just right.