This morning I walked into my studio and knew it was the day I’d stitch my Mother Mary’s face and hands.
The drawing of the face I made was so “right” I just pinned it onto the doily and stitched over the pencil lines.
Then I tore the paper away…
The rest I did freehand on my sewing machine. I used three different colors for her eyes…
Then I started working on her hands stitching over a drawing I made of them as I did with the face.
But when I got them done, they just didn’t look like the hands that would go with her face. I kept drawing them over and over again but it just wasn’t working. I’ll try again tomorrow.
Maybe I have to think of them in a different way than I am. Even if, right now, I have no idea what that might be.