I kept looking at my Cat Calendar quilt, then to my stash of fabric to see what it needed next. But I couldn’t find it. Nothing I tried was right.
Just in time, Jon texted me and asked me to read the piece he had just written. It was the break I needed.
Not only did I get a good laugh from Jon’s blog post, but on the way back to my studio I saw the boxes of fabric that Sharon sent me. I was planning on washing them but hadn’t gotten to it yet.
It’s happened before that just the fabric I needed was sitting in a box that hadn’t made it to my studio yet.
I went through the fabric and pulled out some pieces that I thought might work. When I brought them back to my studio, it had happened. That solid piece of red was just what my quilt needed next.
So I threw the fabric in the wash and headed into the woods with Fate and Zinnia.
I don’t usually take a walk on Bellydancing days, but as soon as I crossed the Gulley Bridge (which was covered in a few of inches water) I saw how I would use the red fabric and a long piece of an old quilt top that I had in my stash.
I hung out the fabric just before I started writing this. It’s a sunny and windy day, perfect for drying clothes. As soon as I finished writing this I’ll get the red fabric off the line and iron it dry.
Then I’ll see if the idea I got in the woods will work.