Ancient Egypt on a skirt. I got it in a thrift store in Brattleboro, Vermont. I loved the imagery and the colors. Yesterday I tried to make it into potholders, but it wanted to be a part of a quilt instead.
This is what I did today…
I found a hexagon from and old quilt top someone gave me, that had just the right colors in it. I made it into a square….
….I found where it went and sewed some more…
…then turned the quilt on its side….
…found another hexagon and made it into a square….
…and kept sewing till I finished.
The color of my quilt is really off in this picture. But it was getting dark by the time I finished working so I couldn’t get a good picture of it. Tomorrow I’ll work on the backing and get a better photo in the daylight. But for now, this gives an idea of what the quilt looks like.