I looked and I looked and I just couldn’t see what to do next. I walked around searching my shelves for the right piece of fabric to sew on next, and it wasn’t there.
I asked the quilt again and again what it wanted and finally, it told me.
The Phoenix needed even more space. So I took off the sides and with the solid blues and cut up some more fabric and sewed them together making more “space”.
I ended my day by sewing the patchwork on the bottom, pulling out some of the colors in Carol’s batik.
I’m not done yet, but I have so much faith in this quilt, I know that it will continue to come together. At the start of the day, I did have my doubts and even thought that maybe I wouldn’t be able to finish it.
There’s a freedom and a groundedness to it. Something I think I’m beginning to feel myself.